Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dear Guys
i installed Norton Ghost 2003 to create a snap shot image of my drive C on another partition
i was working under windows xp not under dos environment
i lunched the norton ghost then asks to make a backup of my entire hard drive then choosed the C drive to create an image on the D partition so i finished all the steps then it asks me to reboot the system to start the backing up process
then after restart the system stops at the point of Verifying DMI pool
after rebooting many many times nothing new hapened so i had to re-installing windows xp from scratch losing all my settings and documments
does anyone have an explanation of what hapened to me and telling me what's wrong did i do?
Would you please send a copy of your reply on my mail removed email to prevent spamming
thanks & BR

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
My guess is that you didn’t do anything wrong – stuff happens. The DMI pool is information about your computer’s hardware. Verifying it is the collecting of data about the hardware. It can hang or stop responding for a number of reasons including corrupt bios, improper bios settings, missing boot files on the drive, changed hardware, etc. possible fixes:

>Clear cmos
>In cmos setup>pnp/pci configuration – enable the setting to “reset configuration data”
>From recovery console – run the “fixmbr” command

Any of these may or may not have worked for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.