Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am srry if i posted this in the wrong location...

i am trying to chat with some friend on Ventrilo when we are gaming but i am unable to hear one of them... and everyone els is able to hear her...

i couldn't find anything about it so i mad a post myself.

this is what i hear: a...a..a..aa...a.a..a.a.aa.a...a
like a realy bad radio but this only happons with her and i can hear everyone els just fine... and everyone els can hear her just fine

can someone tell me how to remove this problem or how this happoned?

thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's actually an extremely common ventrilo error. All that is required is that the effected person to close vent and re-open it. Someitmes merely logging in and out will fix it as well.

This problem happens will a wide range of sound cards, all with current drivers. The problem is with the software. Hopefully one day they will be able to correct it. I myself have a very high end system and update my dirvers on a regular basis and even i still get this Ventrilo error from time to time, as do many of my friends.

As for the part about the speech breaking up. The problem would be with your friends connection. I've had experiences where people in the same house hold will hear the person clearly even those in the same state....but those out of state will hear them all broken up into syllables. I cant tell you exactly what causes that problem but the symptoms would suggest it was purely a Service Provider (ISP) issue. Probably they have some wiring at some point that isn't properly sheilded and is getting interference and causing Ventrilo to "drop" packets of information thus giving you the broken up bad ham radio sound. Such a problem wouldn't be enough to crash your game off the net...but you may notice random or unexpected disconnects or lag from your game. Ventrilo on the other hand is alot more sensitive to such a problem because it is constantly streaming live info.

If it is a problem in the wiring you should be able to call your ISP provider and they can tell you how to check the Frequency range on your wire....and if its really high then that's your problem. And the only way for them to find or fix that problem is for them and them alone to go through your connection wires to your home and find the poor shielded wire/hardware and fix it. I had a this problem before and it took them a week to find it.

Other then that...goodluck. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.