Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do You Guys Recommend Any Free Vector-Based Image Editing Programs? I'm Using Inkscape, But It's Missing A Whole Lot and I didn't know if you would recommend any.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
I've never tried any of the freebies, let me know if any of them work out.

·
2,274 Posts
Wolf, just out of curiosity, for what purposes are you looking for the program?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah... yes, but read my original post, FREE! i want to just use them for a minor hobby, not anything large...

·
2,274 Posts
grove, photoshop/painshop pro and all of those can handle vector based, but programs like Adobe Illustrator (and its contemporaries) are made for vector-based design, and can handle it much better. In the same way, you can edit a picture in a vector environment, but you'd have much better results in a raster-based program

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Lonewolf: In Linux there is Xfig

And on XP I use this: link removed ... PSP 7 with Animation Shop 3[/url] for free! Look at the link; I've been using it for like 5 months now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Try a version of CorelDraw other than the current one. It might not be free but versions 7, 8 and 9 were good and probably wouldn't cost very much these days. Worth looking into perhaps. CorelDraw is a pretty comprehensive program capable of some good effects, extrusions especially (see the graphic called 'Skywords'). I'm no expert but here are some examples. There are a couple more in the other 'Photo & Graphics' pages.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
HenryVI said:
Lonewolf: In Linux there is Xfig

And on XP I use this: ............. for free! Look at the link; I've been using it for like 5 months now.
A random site offers it for download and that makes it free? :eek:

Looks like Pirating to me .... :rolleyes:

·
2,274 Posts
Thanks for catching that Chevy. Henry, and especially those in the Vis. Arts team, please be careful about stuff like that. What you download and use yourself is your own business, but if you're linking to any downloads please be very sure that they're legit.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Good Point. Also remember to not link to any corrupt files. By corrupt I mean well corrupt, infected with viruses or anything of that sort etc.

·
2,274 Posts
Grove4Life said:
Good Point. Also remember to not link to any corrupt files. By corrupt I mean well corrupt, infected with viruses or anything of that sort etc.
I'll try to remember :rolleyes:

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
:poundon: :redface: :embarased

Sorry about that...... I thought it looked legit...... sigh.....:dead:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
HenryVI said:
:poundon: :redface: :embarased

Sorry about that...... I thought it looked legit...... sigh.....:dead:

Well, it's serious ....

I guess I'll have to meter out the punishment:

You are hereby ordered to wear Plaid Pants with a Striped Shirt for one week!

:laugh:

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Well at forums.techguy.org a mod approved it........

And Six, I'll have to borrow your plaids pants if you don't mind :grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.