Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start anything, my problem is going to be hard for me to describe and therefore has been hard to find a fix anywhere. If anything needs clarification let me know, I'll try my best.

The problem just happened in the last week. Nothing has been downloaded or installed except a few steam games. There's nothing new and only some programs are affected. Some are affected more often and worse than others.

The Problem: The biggest area of problem is my games on steam. Steam starts up fine and the games start up fine. Once I'm into the games it starts. When I click the screen of the game, it sort of blinks and for a split second I can see (Not Responding) next to the title and if I check the task manager, sometimes it says it in there too until I close the game down. When I click, (at the same time as the not responding and when it blinks), the blink is actually replacing the area with whatever is behind the game, for a split second(the desktop or a web browser) and sometimes it acts as if I click the desktop or browser and switches to that. It makes the games unplayable because it happens too often during play. Sometimes the games even freeze and say not responding and I can't do anything except close it.

I've also had the problem in windows solitaire and excel. It's happened a few times in Google chrome but almost never.

Because I don't really understand the problem and have never experienced this before I'm honestly not even sure where to put this. I've put it on the steam forums but had no luck there yet.

I've looked for a fix but I've found nothing alike what I have. I have run various cleaners and manually cleaned up my comp. I've uninstalled and re-installed steam and the problem persists.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hello deadmoon27,

I really can't determine if this is an Operating System problem or malware, without more info.

Please follow the instructions in our pre-posting topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.