Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B&S Vanguard Engine model # 303775 Type 0119 01 used in Generac generator. If for some reason engine does not start on first try, the bendix gear on starter hangs in flywheel gear. Both gears look new. In fact I put a new starter on it and it does the same thing. No shims under starter. It will work perfectly with cover off, but this generator is on a motor home and it is a real job to pull it. About half the time when I go to use the generator it will hang up and of course the starter can not turn engine with bendix locked up. Please HELP!!
Frank :4-dontkno

·
Registered
14,580 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the parts list. I ordered the starter and hate to return it because there is not anything wrong with the starter. I believe that there is a mis-alignment problem. Of course, I really will not know until it is fixed. thanks again.
Frank
:wave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took starter to local starter shop and had it checked. Starter checked good, contactor checked good. They told me that this is a common problem with Vanguard engines. Seems that if valve lash is not adjusted properly, engine will build too much compression for starter to turn. They do only starters and do not work on other parts of the engine. Anyone know how to adjust valves on this engine? manual? Specifications? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks Frank :pray:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.