Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a saelen mv premium chipper with a B&S Vanguard 386447-0114-B5 on it.
Started backfiring and now does not run at all.

Checked :
Valves , they go up and down , push rods are in place , rockers clear so valves can close
There's compression on the cylinders
Spark plugs (they are ok and run in another machine)
Flywheel key ( took it off , looks ok so timing should be fine)
Magneto / Coils (measure ok 4,7) ,put them back with a folded paper for distance so it soes not touch de flywheel
Took the diodes off (killwires) doesnt help...
Cleaned the coils and case so they "ground" well.

I do have a spark (blue) when plug is out.
There's gasoline
Doesnt do a thing when it cranks (yes it turns) , even spraying brake cleaning fluid does not ignite when i spray it into the inlet.
Not even a puff of smoke from either cylinder.

Clueless......

Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
B&S Vangauard engine nice powerful engine I have one in my MTD ride on mower.
From what I can remember it's a Kawaski 2 cylinder engine B&S call the intek vanguard engine.
Check diodes in the coil wiring common problem diffcult to find.... replacing the coil will not make the engine run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
B&S Vangauard engine nice powerful engine I have one in my MTD ride on mower.
From what I can remember it's a Kawaski 2 cylinder engine B&S call the intek vanguard engine.
Check diodes in the coil wiring common problem diffcult to find.... replacing the coil will not make the engine run.
I remember a small engine part failure on a 2 cylinder B&S engine that sends the valve timing out but it was many years ago and all I can remember is a complete strip down to replace the part. Check with dealer to see if it was a vangaurd engine problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts