Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I just recently bought a laptop from someone on ebay, and I love it. But soon after trying to play a blu-ray disk, I realized that the drive isn't even reading the disks being in the drive. It can read CDs and DVDs perfectly, but when it comes to blu-ray disks, it doesn't recognize any disk in the drive. I've tried updating all of my firmware, and searched numerous sites for similar problems, and nothing seems to be helping. It won't read them, and I'm almost convinced the drive is somewhat defective.

Normally the notebook would be in warranty since it was purchased in August, but the previous owner doesnt have a receipt for it, so I can't get the warranty with no proof of purchase. And if I don't have that, I don't think Sony will repair this for free even if it was purchased that recently (And they charge $500 minimum to repair the blu-ray drive, which is ridiculous).

My laptop model is VGN-NW160J. The drive is a Matshita BD-CMB UJ130AS. I've been using PowerDVD 8 Ultimate to try to play the disks.

Any help or reminders on what I can try to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.