Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem is with my Compaq V6608 series laptop

When i press the turn on button the lights will start flashing and the fan will turn on for a few seconds but then the fan will stop and the laptop will just restart and at no point does the laptop screen turn on.

When I removed RAM module, laptop start speaking beep beep sound, So POST is working.

I guess, BIOS is buggy in my laptop. I need a way to re-flash BIOS without any OS support.

I already opened by laptop. Any help will be appropriated.

-- Mukund

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@makinu1der2

I never tried to update BIOS. I always used hibernate feature to shutdown my laptop and one day when i tried to start my laptop it didn't boot So, i just rebooted my laptop with power-key and that's last day of my laptop. :sad:

@Rits

I tried it with F2 key but no success.

-- Mukund

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
Perform the following steps:
-Remove the battery and Power adapter
-Press and hold the power button for 30-45 seconds (with battery and power still removed)
-Insert just the battery and attempt to boot the laptop.
-Insert just the power adapter and attempt to boot the laptop.

If still having issues you may have a faulty component causing the problem.

Take a look at the below thread and attempt as many steps as possible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/black-screen-issues-and-troubleshooting-498132.html

You can find the Service Guide below that may help with the disassembly process.

Compaq V6608 Maintenance and Service Guide

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@makinu1der2

After opening my laptop, I tried to start laptop with external monitor, This time laptop boots properly and i got my WINDOWS-7 home screen.

But after connecting LCD panel to laptop, I am facing same problem....:confused:

Is there any problem with LCD or BIOS ?

Does BIOS update will solve my problem ?

-- Mukund

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
But after connecting LCD panel to laptop, I am facing same problem....
Does the display cabling appear to be damaged in any way? Check for any damage (especially around the hinges) or where the cable could become trapped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.