Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

Well i was surfing another forum and there was a thread on posting pictures of your desktops.. And someone had a cool theme and I pm'ed them on how to get it. They told me to download a hacked version of uxtheme.dll ... so i got a final version one for windows xp service pack two.. unzipped it had a new uxtheme.dll and renamed my old one to uxtheme.dll.old and everything was cool and I had the longhorn theme and everything looks nice...

Until it comes time to shut the machine down... 10 minutes and it finally shuts down.. turn it back on and says windows couldnt start properly and either to go into safe mode, restore point, or to continue as normal...

Now the fan is running on high speed at all times, my paint shop pro gets stuck at loading one of the .dll files and it takes forever to restart.. any ideas??

I tried reusing the uxtheme.dll and even restoring it to a couple days ago but nothing helped!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Not sure if it will work, but you could try unregistering it by going to Start, Run, and type...

regsrv32 /u uxtheme.dll (or specify the path to it).

I don't see why system restore didn't work though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont understand why either... i was playing around today with it making it look nice.. then it was as slow as me in the 100 meter dash..

I restored it to last night and it came up with a message about having to rename a whole bunch of .dll's... probably from neowin uxpatcher 4.0 when i couldnt get that to work i went to a hacked uxtheme.dll..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.