Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

UT crash

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Valiant 
#1 ·
sometimes when im playing UT online it just stops. I cant move, look or shoot. This happens in the middle of a game, not when connecting. Does somebody know whats wrong, and how i can fix it?

#6 ·
Yes it was the first thing i've thought about.But I've got the 436 patch. I'm recording demo's when playing online (4got to tell). For this in use the program 'utdemomanager'. Maybe that causes an error???
Anywayz thanx.

#9 ·
Okay first of all UT is the best first person shooter on the planet until Unreal Tournament 2003 comes out. It's nice to see that people still play. Next, what are you using in terms of graphic rendering... OpenGL? I'm spacing on the other names, but if ur runnin the demo proggie you probably know what I'm talkin about. Your system stats kick the crap out of what UT requires so my guess is that it's the demo proggie that's screwin you up You should play a game without it running and see if it locks up.

#10 ·
Doom 3 is kicking *** at gameshows and expos already...watch out for it...

On that note I am going where i always go when you get weird lock ups....what kind of video adapter are you using and have you check for the latest drives....for a true game one of the best investments into a PC is the video adapter.....spend the $$... reap the rewards

#11 ·
I used to be 3Dfx all the way, I even went out of my way to buy a Voodoo 5 5500 the DAY it came out, so I agree with you all the way man I totally spaced DLing the latest drivers You might want to check for a new version of that demo thing too or atleast a patch cause if your havin the problem there are probably lots a people wit the same crap but not a fortunate to be members here :)

#12 ·
Yes I use Opengl. And yes Unreal Tournament is a game everyone must try. You'll be addicted (try Instagib). I update my drivers almost monthly. And i've got a Geforce 4 TI 4600, I think that'll do just fine. About a newer utdemomanager version. I'm still searching. My UT got stuck twice 2day in 1 hour time so it gets worse. Its not a virus or something like that, I use Norton and I update it very often.

#13 ·
Okay first of all congrats on having great taste in software and hardware. Congrats on being on top of things in drivers, Anti Virus, and updates. But now the only question is does it crash when you aren't using utdemomanager? Also what does it do? I'm old skool UT, and yes instagib is awesome... kinda started to get old with autoaim enabled... or even the scope mod. Check back with those answers and we can get this done tonight.

#14 ·
Ive uninstalled demomanager and it didn't get stuck so far (played 2 matches). So if we found the solution THANX A LOT. I'm new with forums so I didn't mean 2 show off with my stuff or anything (I kinda think the congrats where sarcasm ;) ).

Anyway thnx and i'm gonna look 4 a new demomanager.

P.S. Autoaim in insta, thats sick. It gets the fun out of the whole idea.

#15 ·
No sarcasm intended at all... I was serious. You have no idea how much it bugs me when people go and buy a Geforce 4, but skimp and settle for the MX or something along those lines... if you going to spend the money... do it right! As far as the software I am very glad UT players still exist. I remember HEAT.NET which was hosted by sega, but I was in a clan... WoD... Warriors of Darkness, I lost my connection... moved away and couldn't get cable, so I had AOL and that sucked too bad. So I've kinda been "the girl who got away" about that game ever since. I was VERY decent at that game. Now all my friends are gone... I can't wait until UT2003 :) Once again good choices. No sarcasm I'm envious. I have a 1.1 Ghz and a voodoo 5.

#16 · (Edited)
OK missunderstood about the congrats, sorry. I can understand people settle with an MX, just cause the hardware prizes aren't really low. UT 2003 is gonna rule all. Played a cracked demo (yes im ashamed of this but i couldn't resist :(). But it still was a thrill.I'm in a UT clan myself http://www.2b-instagibber.de and I can advise everybody 2 play UT multiplayer. Its almost as good as PONG or Tetris :), its becoming a classic......
Valiant, hope 2 see u sometime on a server.......

#17 · (Edited)
btw. valiant http://www.geekhumor.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1138 is the reason why people buy MX. At least I think, the speed of the progression in technology is just so high. One week your pc is top of the bill, next month everything goes twice as fast. I think you can keep spending money on expensive products. But still I think you can better go for quality then for low-prizes. In dutch we say 'goedkoop=duurkoop' it means something like 'buy too cheap= buy crap'.

#18 ·
If you stick with the top quality stuff even though everything is twice as fast your still works. I understand your arguement for the MX... you can pick one up on ebay for $60 and say its a geforce 4 and yeah it has the geforce 4 processor. I agree with you on the buy too cheap buy crap addage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.