Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am trying to setup a VPN connection to connect to my workplace using the "Create a new connection" wizard under "Network Connections", but even if I clearly select "Virtual Private Network connection" it ends up creating a dial-up connection. I have tried this multiple times and I am SURE that I have clicked on "Virtual Private Network connection" EVERY single time!

What's up?! This is very frustrating :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to reiterate as I've said this in my original instructions: those are exactly the instructions I am following, but whenever I select VPN, a dial-up connection is still being created.

For the heck of it, I tried selecting dial-up on purpose, and yes, that asks for me for a phone number to dial to. When I select VPN, it asks me for a host name (which I have).

So it seems that I am selecting VPN and creating a VPN connection, but the computer is hell bent on placing it under the dial-up header. Now this would not bother me so much if the VPN connection worked, but it doesn't and the "Connect" option on right clicking is greyed out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Try and see if you can connect with 3rd party tools like OpenVPN.
It supposed to be more stable and have more features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.