Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a start-up disk because I had lost my bottom tool bar and didn't have access to the Start button. The computer reverted to when the start-up disk was made (a year ago) and now I'm having trouble restoring the programs that were installed after the disk was made, ie., Norton Antivirus and a grading program. It seems I'm missing some files. I haven't wiped out the hard-drive so I know the current info must be there, but how to get to it? I do have some programs that are functioning properly.
Kathleen

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this much: your start bar disappearing had to do with your registry being modified (I used to tell people to do it , they thought it would be a super cool thing , but they didnt know it would screw up their start bar) . did just all of the sudden the toolbar close? Or did you install any programs and then it happened?
I know there is a program/ware out there that will search deep into your harddrive and recover lost files, i will look for it tonight if i have the time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You need to reinstall the programs, getting the data is the hard part because every program puts data in different places. Some keep the data in the program files folder others put it on the c drive while others stick it in the profiles foler in the windows folder.

The idea is to find the data and back it up.

Then install the program fresh.

Then the data in the folders that where created by the installation with the data you backed up.

Its really a case be case problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.