Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be off topic:

I have a 40 minute commute and listen to twit, etc., that I burn to cd's and play in car. Car doesn't play cd-rw so got a cd player with car kit.

Problem: when I turn off cd player at work or home then turn it on for next commute it starts at the beginning. I never get to listen to whole cd (the tracks are 60 -70 minutes long. By contrast when I turn car on when using car cd player, the talking starts where I left off.

<Pause>

I think I may have found problem/solution: Cheapo cd player I bought (gas is eating into discretionary income) only has power on and power off. Maybe one with a pause will work. This cheapo keeps running when I turn car off - using batteries. Will replace and report back.

Meanwhile, any other suggestions as to using cd-rw in car would be helpful. How are other commuters using podcasts in cars?

Thanks.

Scott

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
"Podcast" is a word that disturbs me. Most CD players have a hold switch on the side that allows you to keep it in place when you next turn it on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I switch the hold on it seems to freeze everything - can't power down. off to replace before traffic builds.

Why does "podcast" disturb you?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Circuit City tells me only Sony cd players can do the pause I asked about. Replaced cheapo with a Sony D-NE320 and it does do that. Much nicer.

BTW, has Atrac3plus and is supposed to be able to put many cd's worth of music on one cd. I guess that's similar to mp3. I understand I can probably only play such cds on this or similar players. Any other downside? Be nice to have a few thousand less cds floating around the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.