Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are running Win Server 2003 and have a shared folder that everyone has mapped as their S: Every night around 5:30 users will not be able to access the shared folder but are able to log onto the server and see other folders. When users try to open an excel or word file on the shared folder their computer will hang and stop responding.

We also have an old 2000 server that is only used for one program that two people are using and plan to get rid of the old server in the next couple of weeks. Just thought I should mention that as well.

I am not seeing any errors in the event viewer and am baffled as to what is going on.

If anyone has any idea or has had this happen to them I would like to know how they fixed it

thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a similar problem, on our shared folder (Win2K)
we have excel files, when a user clicks on one particular file, the whole folder stops responding, the only way I can get on is by copying this folder, renaming original folder to something esle, and renaming new folder back to what it was shared as, then the folder works for few days or even a week before the problem returns.

Not sure what causes it, servers and client PC are virus free.

I would like any help in solving this issue.

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.