Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On start up I get this error and a blank screen in safe mode and normal.I can get it to boot up by ctrl+alt+del,task manager,file,new task run,explorer.exe enter but it won't let me do any thing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
donnythedondon said:
On start up I get this error and a blank screen in safe mode and normal.I can get it to boot up by ctrl+alt+del,task manager,file,new task run,explorer.exe enter but it won't let me do any thing
I try do a system restore does not work regular and cmd
Internet does not work eather
I'm new at this so any detailed help wold be great

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,160 Posts
Try booting up the way you mentioned and run a new task - type in CMD and that should bring up a command prompt window. At the command prompt, type SFC /Scannow and see if the system file checker can repair the problem.

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,753 Posts
Hi, if you can access a cmd prompt (go to start ,all programs, accessories and right click on command prompt select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-
(copy paste) press enter

Code:
REG QUERY "HKLM\software\microsoft\windows NT\currentVersion\winlogon" /v userinit /s
Copy the outcome here.

·
4,160 Posts
Donny, if you can run the command Jenae posted, it should reply with the following> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows NT\currentVersion\winlogon
Userinit REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,

End of search: 1 match(es) found.

What is in blue is the important part. If you get something different, just type it out or write it down and post it.

·
7,753 Posts
Hi, well that's the right value, you are logged in as admin with this account? If so go to control panel user accounts and create a new account with admin rights reboot to this new account does the problem continue in the new account?

·
7,753 Posts
Hi, use the inbuilt diagnostic Admin account see if you can access user accounts. Open a command prompt (as admin as per above instuctions Post #4. At the prompt type:-

Code:
Net user administrator /active:yes
(press enter) Restart computer and log in as "Administrator".

To remove, Command prompt and type:-

Code:
Net user Administrator /Active:No
(press enter)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well that did not work I just got an error message.
Net.exe-application error
The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000022).click ok to terminate the application.

·
7,753 Posts
Hi, open a command prompt as admin at the prompt type:-

net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
press enter then type:
net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
press enter then type:
exit
press enter and restart your computer

·
4,160 Posts
Donny, have you recently removed any malware or viruses? I've come across malware that would delete the Userinit.exe file and change that value in your registry, but the result is a logon loop that wouldn't allow you to get as far as you're getting. It's sounding more like you don't have the correct Administrator permissions to run anything.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.