Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i log on i get a "userinit" error? i don't know how it is affecting anything, but i'm assuming it should probably be working. help!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more details

i recently had a few serious problems ( all of my icons, and my start menu were gone), but the wonderful folks here on TSF got me all fixed up (yes, in case you're wondering i did make a small donation, as a token of appreciation). so of course during the whole process of fixing that problem they had me scan my PC with about a billion different things, but now i'm getting the "userinit" problem, and on a side note, for some reason, when i try to run my spybot s&d it always says that it has encountered problems and needs to close- i'm not sure if the 2 probs. r related or not-- at any rate, here is all the details i could come up with for the error:

Userinit Logon Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: userinit.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.0 ModName: userinit.exe
ModVer: 5.1.2600.0 Offset: 0000a4f1

thankx for the help

G

·
start - run - sfc /scannow ( system file checker )
if does not work
repair installation of windows ( this would be a good guide )

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tried sfc, but nothing happened, so i re-ran my avast antivirus, and it found a few things, no problems since, so i'm holding off on doing a windows repair.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o.k., so the userinit error is happening again- outside from doing a repair installation, is there any other option?? i have HJT, would u like me to run that and post the log???

G

·
If you found an infection there might more we might need to find. Please post a hjt log under hjt log help forum.

Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.