Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's my story. I was playing the new Battlefield 1942 Demo and, as usual, it crashes to my desktop. Sometimes when it does this it takes me to my desktop in 640x480 and has 3 icons instead of many I actually have. Usually I just log off. I was finished for the day so I thought pressing the power button would take that unsaved desktop and say screw it. When I come bac, i get this message, "We're sorry WinXP screwed you over royally, but we can't access your local profile because we suck. We're sorry that you're inconvienced so much all the time, but hey, it's WinXP".

Ok, i fudged a little on the description, but now I can't access my desktop. My files are still there, but my desktop is screwed. Any advice? I'm thinking of just making a new profile and transferring my files over. The bad thing is that I can only access my files through a temp desktop that they give me. I'm REALLY looking for answers here. Any help is appreciated.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Well If its that fussed up, You should make a new user account, with the correct settings, and delete the old one. You will have to transfer and stuff, but there probably isnt anything else you can do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.