Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ok, I've been a naughty boy. My old man put a password on my account (which has administrative access) and so I couldn't access the system. After two months I thought that I would have to break in to the system with anybody's awareness since I missed my precious documents and wanted to surt the Internet a bit (ahh the joys off being a teenager).

So anyway, from an internet cafe I found a method...I clicked F8 while rebooting windows, entered the Administrator account through Safe Mode, changed the password for my account, and logged in. So I'm into the system (so SIMPLE, right in front of me, and I took no action... *smacks forehead*). By the way, sorry if I can't explain reasonably to the computer guys...Im as lame as I can get when it comes to computers.

Now to the chase. To make sure that this wouldn't happen again (not being able to access my computer account) I clicked on the option 'prevent a forgotten password' and created a password reset disk..so NOW, if my Dad decides to enter his "old" password on my account and the computer does not accept it, he will get that message saying 'have you forgotten your password?' and so, and he will also see that a password reset disk has been created. I could of course destroy, burn the disk and eliminate the evidence lol, but the computer (or my account I should say) kinda has "installed" in it the password reset disk for my account.

So my question to you computer merlins, is there a way I can remove that from my user account without having to delete it? It has administrative access by the way. My guess is that the only way will be to delete the account and somehow transfer all my settings to the Guest account, and then re-create the account with the exact same name that it used to be, and transfer back my documents later. Is that possible? Or if there is an easier way without having to do that, please let me know! I will definitely be greatful. :1angel:

My first post at this forum by the way, first page on Google. :tongue: I'll be lurking but not sure if I will be much of a great help, as I said earlier Im not a comp guru...

Michael

·
Registered
97 Posts
I dont think that if he enter the wrong password it would tell him a password restore disc has been created, would it? Anyway, would he really think you had the knowledge to make one in the first place? If it does say that a password restore disc has been created, it is unlikely you will be able to remove that message.

Jordan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
microsoftman said:
I dont think that if he enter the wrong password it would tell him a password restore disc has been created, would it? Anyway, would he really think you had the knowledge to make one in the first place? If it does say that a password restore disc has been created, it is unlikely you will be able to remove that message.

Jordan
Yeap0...it will ask him to type the password again, or that he can use his password reset disk - and if he clicks on that message, the password reset wizard will appear and it will ask him to insert the floppy disk.

He will realize that a password reset disk exists, and he will also get the impression that he does not have that disk. At the same time, his password will not be accepted by the system lol.

I will be whistling...and he will be like 'ehem...'. And then I'm in deep ****. :sayyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.