Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a savvy (PITA) user on my network that keeps creating a local administrator account on his Win10 machine so he can install his own software. Is there a way that I can automatically reset any local admin accounts on his machine to a standard user account?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, I don't have that authority and his boss wants to keep him around. So is it possible to change a local admin account to a standard user via group policy, regedit flag, or some other way? At very least, I can try to frustrate him into not being a dick

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,455 Posts
As I said in Post #2, change the Admin PW. Do this immediately after reverting him to Standard User. The only "Richard" in the scenario I see is his boss.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm out of my depth here but I would just think being mindful of other pronouns would be more inclusive while still remaining exclusionary as well. But i dunno.
The pronoun crap is just that, crap. I'm never going to accept "they/them" as referring to a single individual. If new pronouns are needed, make new pronouns. And as far as I'm concerned, if a discussion involves people in general and the topic is unconcerned with gender, it is going to be him/her unless there's a new pronoun dreamed-up like "shim" to indicate any individual regardless of gender or preference. A forum discussion where sexual preference or orientation is of no importance/consequence does not require inclusive pronouns--and should never be REQUIRED to use inclusive pronouns. If it's time to revamp pronouns, revamp them. But never tell me to call a single person a "group" pronoun because it's not going to happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had a friend allude to a setting in the Group Policy which can achieve this desired outcome, but I can' obviously see it other than disabling the default local Administrator account entirely which is not my intention. If anyone can point to the setting (or combination of settings) to automatically revert a local Admin account to a User account, that would be very helpful.
Thanks
Phil

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,455 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts