Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a used car with 100,000 miles on it a bad buy? It has a rebuilt engine. Its a 2002 Honda civic. The car is for sale by a mechanic.

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Could be, depends on the price.

I would have another mechanic inspect it.

BG

·
Registered
14,581 Posts

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Only you can make that call as to value.

Again I wonder why the engine was replaced with/about 100,000 miles?
Engines should last at least 200,000 miles with normal driving with normal care.

I suspect the car had the hell run out of it. If it was, there could be other problems with it.

BG

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On another topic, how much money should one spend on my old car? It is a 99 Chevy cavalier?I t was in an accident because of snow. I had to replace the brakes and now the starter.

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Again, only you can answer that question. What is the value of the car now and how much is going to cost to fix?

BG

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,153 Posts
For ^ k to me it better be in A1 condition, no scratches, no leaks, idle and run smooth no more that two cranks to start, glass perfect, interior perfect and no smells, tires and alignment shoudl be perfect and the exhaust system should be rust free. Thats when I would consider anything above 2k. Also how good of a mechanic is he? I have never been ASE certified in my life and have no formal schooling and I can guarantee a engine for 6 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.