Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently reformatted my Dell Dimension 8100 computer but stupidly forgot to backup my drivers. Once i had reformatted, there was obviously then some drivers that needed to be downloaded. I seem to have downloaded all the ones I need and there are none with the question mark on the device manager (I am running Windows 98SE). However, I am still having the problem that no USB devices seem to work. When I physically connect a device to the computer, i do get the fouund new hardware screen and I install the necessary drivers needed. Still i get no result. For example, I am currently tryin to install this Logitech microphone/webcam. I have the CD that came with it with all the drivers on it and have installed them with no problem. When i connect the camera itself, and try and view it, it tells me that no camers is found! Even when i connect a simple USB pen drive, i get the message saying new hardware has been found. I didnt think you needed any drivers for a USB pen, and i didnt know where to search for them when asked so I am a bit stuck! I emailed Dell and they suggested to install chipset drivers which i did. Still no difference. I would appreciate any help guys! Thanks in advance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.