Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ASUS P5GDC Deluxe motherboard.
USB ports 1, 2, 3 and 4 (on the rear panel) works fine, but internal USB connectors don’t.
I have connected the USB/GAME module cable to USB56, but USB ports on the module don’t work. Also I have connected another USB cable to USB78, for an USB front port on my case, but this one also don’t work.
Can somebody help me about this problem? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf
did you put together this computer?
or was the computer store bought?

go into the control panel and check for conflicts in the device manager..yellow signs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s no conflict in device manager, apparently there’s no problem, but when I connect a pen drive or any other USB device to USB port 5 or 6 (or to USB front port on my case), nothing happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before posting here, of course I’ve verified my wiring. As I said, I have connected the USB/GAME module cable to USB56 and another USB cable to USB78. Wires are colored marked, all wiring is as on the mobo manual; from left to right, I have USB+5V, P-, P+ and GND on both connectors.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

I don't know the board that you have (but work with ASUS board regularly), but do know that some ASUS boards require that you enable some of the USB ports in the BIOS setup menu. NOt sure if yours has this but might be worth a check. Also, although it shows no signs of not having drivers loaded (stranger things happen), I would expand the USB area and update drivers for EVERY thing under that option.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Jcarlos:

The info WHODAT is giving you is responsible for 65% of the additional USB port problems we see in the forum / and without the benefit of seeing your set-up he is assisting you in the best possible way.

On your additional USB ports configuration / they are USB version 2.0 ONLY
which translates to they WILL NOT work unless you load the driver for it / found on your mobo CD / or on the Asus download section for your mobo
as 'stated in your manual"

and you may have to enter the bios under the "advanced " section / then USB and check to make sure the additional ports are enabled

regards

joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.