Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wandering something for some time but never took the time to write it down and ask.
I use my cell phone as my modem occasionally. I have it hooked up and running no problem. THe
part of my question comes in with usb ports. My laptop has 2 usb ports. I always have to plug
my cell phone into the top one, which is the one I had it plugged into when I installed the software.

Whenever I happen to plug it in the bottom port a message pops up that there has been new hardware detected
and then it trys to install it but it fails. My question isn't about why it fails because I realize that
I could reinstall the software for that port but I always thought a usb port is a usb port. Why would I even have
reinstall the software for each usb port? CAn't it see I had already set it up on one of my other usb ports?

Windows xp is the operating system by the ways

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it seems like if I installed the driver for 1 usb port that it should automatically find that driver and be able to use my modem on any port but then again I don't know what is happening behind the scenes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.