Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i had decided to reformat my other PC. and now none of the USB ports work. nor the audio output port. i looked up several other guides regarding this matter. And they all said to go into Device Manager---> Universal Serial Bus Controller. But..., the only problem is that i dont have That Universal Serial Bus controller. All my USB ports worked b4. but i have no clue what happened.

I THINK IT MIGHT BE this RAID controller thing under OTHER DEVICES. theres an explanation point next to it and it says its not recognizing it or.. the driver is not installed for it or something.

But basically my main problem is the USB ports not working. Because i cant connect to the internet now on that PC [I use wireless connection] The little Adapter requires a USB PORT.

anyways, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone had the solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You guessed it!

The items with exclamation points next to them in the device manager is 9 times out of 10 your problem when it comes to things like this. What you need to do is insert your CD, that came with the PC in question, containing drivers. It will most likely be marked so.

After doing that, click any "+" symbols to the left of the items in the device manager to expand the tree view. Right-click on the items and click "Properties" > click "Driver" > click "Update Driver" (or similar). Be sure that the areas to be searched for matching drivers include the CD drive where the disk you inserted is located.

This should fix your problem.

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
like enoctis is referring to, you need to make sure that all of your device drivers are installed. the first thing to do after a reformat and installing windows, is to install all of the drivers for your hardware so that windows knows how to use it. start with your mobo drivers, then if they don't include the usb and raid drivers, install them next. then install the vid card drivers, and after that any drivers for other hardware you may have. then all things will work again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.