Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble installing a webcam. I had to install a usb port first on a M598MR motherboard. I installed it in a PCI slot and Windows cannot detect the new hardware. USB is enabled in the bios. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong ?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
:coffee:

Welcome to the board,

I'm not positive but if you have a PCI USB card you might want to try turning off the USB in the bios..it works this way with on-board/pci video cards. Also if the bios has an option for USB on/off isn't there any USB ports on the motherboard? :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Manual says it has on board USB. So if you don't see them, it is on a header on the board and all you need is the cables and ports. You would have better luck getting the onboard to work than an add on card- but the tech is dead right on this one; if you want your card to work at all, disable usb in the bios.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well... you should find something to do with that shortcut to regedit your always bragging about :D

BTW Golddust, you might want to check that your drivers are OK... i had a problem with USB in win98... I'm not sure what your running but it might be worth a shot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Techisin, Jamman, Valiant 2003..
Thank you for your feedback... After disabling USB in the bios, WIn98 detected the USB port and from there the setup of the webcam was straightforward..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.