Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently formatted my computer. Installed all the device drivers from the cd(including the usb driver). now the problem is that whenever i plug a usb device in the usb port(pc camera and joystick),, the windows(XP professional) dosen't detect the device. i checked in the device manager but it says that the usb device is working properly. i even went to the ADD NEW HARDWARE tool in the control panel but it also dosent detect the usb devices.
(BEFORE FORMATTING, THE USB USED TO WORK CORRECTLY). PLEASE HELP SINCE THE USB PORTS ARE ONE OF THE DEAREST PART IN THE COPUTER FOR ME.!!!!!!! :cry: :sayno: :sad: :4-dontkno

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
greetings

Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

post back

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found my mistake!!!

hi there>>>>>>>>

I FOUND MY MISTAKE. ACTUALLY WHAT HAPPENED WAS THAT I DOWNLOADED THE WRONG DRIVER!!!!! BY THE HELP OF WINDOWS UPDATE, I DOWNLOADED THE RIGHT DRIVER AND IT WORKED ALL THE SAME AS BEFORE :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.