Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone able to help me 'recover' use of my Logitech usb headset (with mic) please? it was working fine, a while back.

I'm running XPsp3 on a self build EX58-UD3R with an i7 920.

it seems that after installing the Kensington software for the Expert Mouse trackball - a new purchase for me (and then removing its software cos I didn't like how the cursor was responding) I seem to have lost use of my usb headset and mic.

I've also been unable to use my Logitech web cam (series 4000 I think) despite installing the 'latest' software for it; I'm not sure if the two issues are related with Logitech hardware OR if its a USB driver issue.

any thoughts/contributions gratefully received.

regards, yoyojoe

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've removed and reinstalled apps till I'm blue in the face but it's made no difference. I notice that some of the IRQ numbers have more than one 'entry' to a usb port but XP does not report any conflicts. I've uninstalled all the USB line items as listed in Device Manager after unplugging the leads then rebooting and reconnecting the hardware items but STILL the os is not detecting the camera or the headset (and yes, I've removed and reinstalled the logitech software more than once- and the Realtek software also).

maybe I'll just break the pc, wipe the hdd's and rebuild fom 'clean'; seems to the remedy numerous other players have resorted to.

any thoughts, before I resort to drastic measures?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.