Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed an USB external hard drive (FAT32) on an XP machine to act as a backup device for a special data base. I have this machine work grouped with a 98se. All network functions are working correctly except using the new external HD from the 98 machine. While attempting to access the USB HD from the 98 machine i get a message saying insufficient memory, and i can not open the drive. (i have the drive sharing set)

Any thoughts?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Can you share other drives on the XP machine from W98? If so, do you have permissions on the USB drive properly set for the W98 machine to access it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Stretch said:
I have this machine work grouped with a 98se.
is it like a home network? or one of those big office networks...

did you run the network setup wizard?

i had the same problem, but it wasn't with an external drive. i wanted to share music on 2 computers (now i have 3 xp's) i ended up installing xp home (i upgraded--take my advice, i have so many problems, don't upgrade--i learned my lesson:upset:)
i had 3 computers with xp running file sharing, a printer, and an internet connection, saving us like 45 $ a month on extra ip's and cable bills.

so if you really wanted to get a copy of xp, i think that would help a lot of problems...

worked for me :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.