Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. I'm having a weird problem here, when I plug a USB drive or my PSP to the PC this message appears: "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." It appeared first time all of a sudden since this things had always been working perfectly fine. Any other USB device works fine: my mouse, keyboard, printer, webcam and even a Blackberry I plugged (it let me browse files and everything).

So naturally I tried plugging them in different ports with no success but they work in other computers. I tried some answers I found googling like turning off the PC and disconnecting the power for a while (and even a day), cleaning the registry, uninstalling the USB Root Hubs in the Device Manager, with no success either.

BTW when I connect any of these, the Device Manager shows "Unknown Device" on the USB controllers, the device status says "No drivers are installed for this device." Doing the "Update Driver" thing doesn't help.

This is driving me crazy O__o;

Please help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've had the PSP for 4 years and it hasn't given me a USB problem until now. I am pretty much sure it is not a corrupt memory stick problem or something that needs reformatting since it works properly on other computers as well as the USB drives. I'm thinking it's all related so a PSP only solution doesn't really help.

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,889 Posts
If the PC isn't properly recognizing any USB device, it sounds like a hardware issue on the PC. You can try updating/reinstalling the motherboard/USB drivers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Dogg, didn't you read my original post? I said other devices such as the mouse, keyboard, printer and webcam are working properly on all ports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.