Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just replaced my motherboard, it has all USB 2.0, and I am pluging in a 2.0 compatible device. I am getting the "this device could perform faster" bubble. I noticed in my device manager that I do not have the any standard enhanced pci to usb host controller present. I beleive I am missing this controller causing my usb 2.0 to act ony at the speed of 1.1.

Please help!!!

·
Banned
308 Posts
Hey,

Your mobo should have come with a disc that will have a whole bunch of drivers on it, it should include the drivers for your USB controller. Install this into Windows so Windows will recognize it as a USB 2.0 port.

Regards,

Brandon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I had already installed the drivers from that disk.

What it ended up being is the enhanced driver did not fully install. In my device manager there was a yellow mark, although it was no where near the rest of my USB stuff in the manager. It was towards the top in an area called "other devices". I right clicked and repaired it, then whala..... all of the sudden the enhanced controller showe up with all the other usb controllers. Now it is working.... That took me a while to figure out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.