Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had a failure with NEC 6650A USB DVD drive firmware update. In Many forums Mr Fixit by MS is suggested. That was not successful. Another suggestion is to go to regedit. When I reach the regedit location there are no upper or lower filters listed. Is it necessary to have those filters in registry? If so, how do I install them? I have nero and it was installed through cyberlink. I noticed that earlier suggestions are to reinstall nero. By doing so would that be helpful in reinstalling the filters? Also, I downloaded the NEC 6650A firmware update and it fails to locate the drive. Appearently, The NEC 6650A does not need drivers as Vista is supposed to automaticly recognise it and run it. NOT! I have had this USB DVD operating before(very small amount of use) on XP, Vista and Linux. Only recently has it failed. The power(open/close) operates well and the disc is spinning but there seems to be no communication with data. Apologies for the long winded explanation! Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tyree,

Thanks for the links. Have them already but the action is appreciated. The drive might be trashed as it now fails in BIOS. Will seek out another drive from a used laptop and fit it into the slimline usb case and try again. Thanks again.

1aussie.ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.