Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have a 4 hub usb driver that i use to install music on my daughter's ipod etc... up until the other day when I installed a new printer although my printer did not go through this hub,it went directly to the computer.... now when she tries install music on her ipod a message appears saying: "the hub does not have enough power to operate the apple ipod usb driver." when i click the message as it states it advise me to use a USB Composite Device? I do not know what that means? i am currently only using 2 of the 4 ports on the usb driver.... therefore do not understand why it no longer works.... Can anyone help me please.

·
Decessit
68,879 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF if the hub has no power supply then the printer being connected to a usb port may be drawing the power needed by the other port to run the hub,you would either need to disconnect the printer or get a independently powered hub

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an IBM thinkpad model X40. Bought it used and didnt realize the USB port's do not recognize anything I plug in to them. Ive tried to install new drivers for everything and according to my device manager they r all turned on!! I only have "power" on one but still no recoginition of anything. Do u have any suggestions other than having to reformat my operating system? Thank you for your time with this. My o.s is XP home service pk 3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi gary,

The last time i used a think pad such as yours I needed the power supply plugged in -- in order for it to read any of the usb ports. Not sure of why, it seems it had the same problem I was just having on my home computer. I purchased a universal power adapter and volla it now works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.