Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a powered USB hub, now, for some reason, whenever I'm transferring larger files from one external drive to another, all of my USB devices disconnects and reconnects. Is this a bandwidth or power or both issue? I have also disabled USB selective suspend in the power saving options.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello,

Strangely enough I have the same problem happening with my USB hub, but had been thinking that since my laptop is 10 years old (but still running like a champion- upgraded RAM, added 1TB secondary internal HD and replaced the 640GB HD with 1TB SSD and upgraded to Wi10 Pro from home) that maybe there we issues with my mojo and the USB ports. Since you are having what sounds like a similar if no the same problem, would you be willing to post what the make/model of the hub is along with how many ports and if any are also charging capable along with a pic? I will do the same and update this reply.

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Strangely enough I have the same problem happening with my USB hub, but had been thinking that since my laptop is 10 years old (but still running like a champion- upgraded RAM, added 1TB secondary internal HD and replaced the 640GB HD with 1TB SSD and upgraded to Wi10 Pro from home) that maybe there we issues with my mojo and the USB ports. Since you are having what sounds like a similar if no the same problem, would you be willing to post what the make/model of the hub is along with how many ports and if any are also charging capable along with a pic? I will do the same and update this reply.

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman
Hi It's an Andersson USB 3.0 Hub with 10 ports and 48W power. My mobo is a B450 Gaming Plus running a Ryzen 5 3600X. I'm currently running 5 of the ports (a streamdeck, a macro pad, a USB audio interface and my printer)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi It's an Andersson USB 3.0 Hub with 10 ports and 48W power. My mobo is a B450 Gaming Plus running a Ryzen 5 3600X. I'm currently running 5 of the ports (a streamdeck, a macro pad, a USB audio interface and my printer)
Hello,

That was a very fast reply! I will update this later today because right now I am replying to you at 4 o’clock in the morning in New Jersey in the United States. I suffer from horrible insomnia so falling asleep is impossible sometimes.

Talk to you later today.

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts