Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is my problem:

I'm currently trying to make my sisters iPod work with our computer again. We have never experienced this problem until yestarday (the day before yestarday, it did not occur).

What happens is this: i plug the iPod into the normal USB slot. At first, the computer recognized the iPod, and it (the iPod) diplayed the usual "Do not disconnect" screen. Then, windows attempts to "autoplay" the iPod (as it might with a CD). The Autoplay window is unable to do anything, and soon goes away. Then the "Do not disconnect" screen disappears. And that's it, the computer does not seem to interact with the iPod after that.

Also, typically, in "MyComputer" the drive appear as "LUCY (F:)" (it's given name). Now it appears as "Removable Disk (F:)".

I tried reinstalling iTunes (which was, itself, an ordeal), but it didn't fix the problem. The only thing that changed is that windows no longer displays the "AutoPlay" window.

Ideas?

·
Registered
682 Posts
did you lose everything on it? sounds like it got formatted.

in my computer on removable drive (f:), right click it and click properties.
the properties window will come up. under the autoplay tab check "Prompt me each time to choose an action" or play around with the settings in there.

hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.