Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just recently purchased a Belkin Router for my desktop. I connect my current modem to my pc with an ethernet cable.

Just now I installed the router but the USB adapter doesn't pick up the signal from the router. Is this because I have an ethernet connection from the modem to the router, so a USB adapter wouldn't pick it up?

I'm getting agitated since I really need this wireless network up and running.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
You should only have 1 network connection enabled.

Did you install the Belking drivers?
Did you configure the Belkin client with the correct SSID?
Did you try a site survey with the Belkin client?
Is the wireless client enabled?
Did you enable the wireless portion on the Belkin router?

JamesO

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply James but I am really bad with computers in certain areas. (This being one of them.)

I have no idea how to enable wireless connections on my PC or the router.
I haven't done any surveys.

No idea how to configure the correct SSID but I followed standard installation so surprised if it wouldn't have done that for me. (Come to think of it wouldn't be surprised actually.)

Sorry for the ignorance on my part but would be greatly appreciated for some more feedback.

Cheers,

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and to get my current internet connection back up I have to plug my ethernet cable from my modem to the router, and then further attach another ethernet cable from the router to the pc.

Obviously that defeats the whole purpose of wireless so this is driving me mad as I really need this sorted.

Thanks,

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
How about telling us how many computers you have, the version/patch level of Windows, and the make/model of ALL the networking equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.