Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it! The problem is with a Windows 2000 PC.

I accidentally deleted a username i was currently logged in as. it happened because i was deleting old user names on an office PC. i can log in as administrator and see the user's files under documents and settings/*user*, but those files are only that user's "My Documents". I am mainly concerned with accessing email and ACT! files stored somewhere on the hard drive specifically for that user name. however, i need to do it from the administrator login because the said username is deleted. i tried re-creating the username just through the "Users" tool in the control panel, but that didn't work. any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!!! :sad:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't have Win 2000 installed at the moment, but on XP you would right-click the file or folder and click Properties. Click the Security tab, click Advanced at the bottom, then click the Owner tab. Select one of the users in the list who you wish to have ownership of the file(s) or folder(s), click Apply, and then OK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.