Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK heres the story.....was checking mail..opened mail i thought was from a friend(it said from jenniferm) It had a file attached ...i tryed to download(thinking it was a pic). Nothing happened,,,,i close email and was getting off internet........a window came up........Norton antivirus,,,,detected virus (oh no!!)
Norton antivirus wanted to know what i wanted to do......i clicked the recommended option........so now virus is in quarantine.
file name QWDLL.EXE virus name W98.Levi.3205 (or W32/[email protected])
OK norton wont repair.....needs updating or something. So i am trying to find out how to get rid of virus..........someone in a chat room give a website to go to ....housecalls or something.......anyways i go and get a free scan from them......They detect a virus also!!!!........REG_Seeker.C So it cleans some files and other affected files are deleted. All but one because it said it was running at the time and couldnt be deleted.
So now where do i stand?????Do i have two virues? Maybe housecalls didnt pick the one norton picked up because it was in quaritine.
Do i still have a virus?
How can i delet the one norton picked up?
And what about the one file housecalls didnt delete?
Please help......my mominlaw uses this computer for work,,,,,she is a school teacher. I want to fix this before she gets home PLease someone help me.

C:no: :no:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Deanna - Let me make this suggestion: Get antivirus protection that updates itself automatically. Norton 2002 is great. You can buy a legal copy @ ebay for $15.00 delivered. That's an extremely low price for the protection and security it provides. It scans both incoming and outgoing email. It keeps up with all the latest bugs and fixes. I can't rant about the product enough. For me, it stops at lease 1 virus per week. And, the more people that use it, the less bugs we have going around. Just FYI and my opinion.

Good luck!! ;)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
House call has a Habit of picking up Seeker....I belive this is a Java Script virus...any way open Nortons...and it should have a tab for quarintine...Just go in and Delete it....

Notorn has a program called live update....run it (when connected to the net) and then RE-scan the system...it should do the rest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.