1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm having trouble installing a Western Digital 60gb Hard Drive:
The HD Supports Ultra ATA.
I connected the HD to the IDE 4 Connector, and the Promise Raid does detect it, as 55gb (which is fine). It says ID:0

When I installed windows, the HD was connected to IDE 1, and it didn't detect it. I installed Windows XP Pro, and it supposedly formatted the drive. After copying the files and finishing the installation, the machine rebooted. After windows started loading, it stopped, and the monitor went blank. I got into Safe Mode, and found out that there was a problem with the ATA/RAID Driver. I reinstalled it, but it still said it wasn't working properly. After this, I disabled the driver. I switched the IDE Cable to IDE 4, and now the BIOS detected it (after saying Detecting /) but when it tried to log onto windows, it gave me some kind of blue screen with memmory adresses.

What should I do?
Is there any way to install this hard drive as a regular IDE hard drive and turn off the Ultra ATA and RAID???

Should I start a fresh install of Win XP and Press F6 to install third party SCSI or RAID drivers?

Thanks a lot!
Alfonso Olvera

·
Global Moderator
51,638 Posts
Yes, you need to press F6 to install the Promise drivers. If this is a single drive, you can normally install it on the MB IDE, install the drivers after the fact, then move it to the Promise controller, that's how I do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.