Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontkno
Good evening !
I wonder if someone can help me with the following problem:

My drive C has only 1.30 GB left out of 13.90
MY drive D has 14.90 vs 3.30 Gb

I need to free memory from C to be able to difrag ........
I am worried my PC will crash pretty soon.

PLease help me if you think you can

Notes:

1. I have used Mc.Fee cleaning system but it does not seem to do much any more........... No big difference.
2. I have moved personal docts to D = does not seem to matter either !
3. I have a cleaning program called error corrector....makes it faster but memory remains the same
4. I cannot print because of "printer spooler service is not running "

Most grateful in advance,

R Rother

·
Registered
31 Posts
1.3GB of space should be more than sufficient space to defrag. If it was 1.3MB than it would make more sense? :4-dontkno Maybe adding more physical memory would be your answer.

You can redirect your print spooler to your D: drive. Go to Start - Printers and Faxes. Click on File - Server Properties. Click on the Advanced tab (see attached). Let me know if this helps.

- Dapunisher
Webmaster of BestTests.com

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Good morning !

I am so worried about my computer - laptop crashing on me for lack of memory ???? can this happens and if it does , what shall I do/ What else can I do to prevent this ?

I am in Europe , it is Sunday and no chance to buy more memory ........is there anything else I can do before tomorrow ???

Re: Printer: when I do what you suggested it tells me the print spooler service is not running and when I check if it even exists on the PC I find it but it tells me file is empty .>>>>?????
Can you suggest what to do from here ???

Thanks again

R.R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.