Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I realise this may have been posted many many times but I cannot find an answer
Im currently in college and there is a lot of work which is due in tomorrow on my usb drive but its just changed itself to RAW file format
Ive searched and searched for an answer but I cannot find one
Basically I need to get the information off my drive but when I plug it in windows wants me to format it, when I go to properties it says its 0 bytes in size and RAW file system
Can anybody help me get my work off the drive?
I dont want to format it as this will delete all of my work
Please help! :sigh: :sigh:

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
I'm afraid the drive has failed and your data is gone.
USB sticks should not be relied upon for storage.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If both programs are saying they can't detect anything, it looks like your data is gone. Do you have backup copies or autosaves on any other computers you've been working on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No =[
So does this mean everythings gone?
When I plug it in I get a pop up asking if I want to format it, in my computer it is visible but I cant open it and properties say its got a 0 byte capacity so the computer is detecting it, PC inspector file recovery can detect the actual drive but nothing on it, Im praying that there is a way to recover it, my college course finishes in 2 weeks, theres no way I can re do a whole years work in that amount of time :sigh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
have you tried recovering the file system on it? if you havent you should try. you can use either the windows ultimate boot cd or testdisk (if you have another flash drive that has WIndows PE and you know command line). i hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.