Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I decided to install the latest Windows Updates. After doing so, I experienced some lag and some programs wasnt working, I left it. This morning I decided I wanted to uninstall the Updates, I started to do so, but they only removed 1 by 1 requiring a restart every time. Finally I got fed up and decided to do a System Restore to the previous Friday (16th). After that, when my computer restarts, I get just a black screen and my cursor, I can move my cursor, but cannot select anything. Ive tried repairing and reinstalling Windows XP by booting from the CD, but it hasnt worked. In the middle of my first attempt to reinstall Windows XP, System Restore appeared and said the restore was successful. I carried on with the installation and have tried repairing a fresh start of Windows Aswell. Again, the same blank screen with the cursor. Ive tried entering in safe mode and last good settings. Safe mode loads up but I cant select anything, there is no start menu. The same for safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt. I really dont want to have to format my drive again, I have thousands of files which I dont have backed up, tons of software and customisations. Please help me!

:sad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keymaker said:
hey morpha,

besides pressing F8 and choosing last good config, can you get to safe mode at all?
Yes but I cant select anything, I have formatted my drive now :( lost 7k songs and 3k pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.