Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I installed the beta version of Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion a810n PC. It was good, but all my drivers were disabled. I went to revert back to Windows XP, since in the Boot menu it had the option now to revert to previous Windows. I went into it, and it opened the HP recovery. Now, I've had to do HP recovery twice in the past, but now, it looks way different. Now it just gives me options to go into a sort of command-promt type thing, where I pick a place and can implement commands. That's about all I can do. At one point, I typed in "FIXMBR", not knowing completely what it did. Now, when I start my computer back up, it goes into that same recovery type thing. How do I get back on Windows 7, or better yet, Windows XP? Also, I thought I should add, that in the restart thing, where it's the HP logo and at the bottom it says "press F10 for system recovery", the button no longer works, and I have to let it restart to go into recovery. I need the computer, ASAP, so the sooner you can help me, the better. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
293 Posts
sounds like your os and recovery may be corrupted...Probably going to have to do a fresh install. If there is data you need on your computer about the only thing I can suggest(assuming you have another computer available) is to get an external hard drive enclosure. Put your drive in it, hook it up to the secondary machine and copy everything you need off of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.