Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got 512MB RAM in my 3Ghz processor so I want to upgrade my RAM. The problem is I dont know what kind of RAM it is. Is there any way to know?

I am thinking of upgrading my RAM to 1Gig. Is that ok? Should I do it? Coz I play games sometimes and they seem to run slow in my computer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you want to purchase more, go to one of the memory websites like Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, Patriot, etc., and use their configurator. You put in information about your computer, like make, model number, etc., or if it's a home built, the motherboard model number. It then tells you what RAM your computer uses and what your upgrade options are. If you have a problem, post back with your computer specs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I found the kind of RAM I have right now. Its
512 MB DDR400 PC3200. I dont know which brand it is but this is all i found.

My PC configuration is:
Prcssor :INTEL® PENTIUM® 4 630 (64 BIT) @ 3.0GHZ 800mhz FSB/HTT/2MB
Mainboard: HIGH END ASUS® MOTHERBOARD WITH DUAL DDR, 3 PCI ETC.
GPU: 256MB RADEON 9550 8X AGP + DVI + TV-OUT
Hard Disk: SATA 160 GB HARD DISK @ 7200rpm 8mb cache

Have you guys got any suggestion regarding my upgrade?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It would help to know the model number of your Asus board, so we can know for sure how many slots you have and is the max amount of RAM it will support. It likely has four memory slots. Where do you live? Seems most folks in the states buy from newegg.com. With motherboard model number we can give specific recommendations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
512 is alright and is good enough to play games IMO,.

but 1g will cut down lag and 2gB is really the highest you should need.( if you want 2GB)

Most really high end games reccomend 1GB.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You have two options with that board. Firstly you could add another 512 meg (for a total of 1 gig) or you can buy 2 x 1 gig chips and use those to give you 2 gig. The mobo only has 2 RAM slots so it is a bit limiting. Unless you do very graphic intensive work or play the latest graphical games regularly then just get the extra 512 meg and your system will be just fine (and you save money in the process).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello

I have an acer laptop model an it is number is 5700 and i want to know how to install ram in my pc. there are no slots available. is there way to add external memmory power or do i have remove my ram and upgrade them to higher number

operating system : Windows XP Service Pack 2 build 2600
system language : Arabic
system up time : 1 hour 51 minutes
program up time : 40 minutes 43 seconds
processors : 2x Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2050 @ 1.60GHz
physical memory : 200/1014 MB (free/total)
free disk space : (C:) 43.69 GB

·
Registered
33 Posts
i've the same problem.... this is my pc:

http://support.pcworld.co.uk/layout.aspx?ID={9a3ca1cd-e5f9-47fb-8572-b125894c6c7c}&CatID={b67c6df3-71da-4d72-9c53-e3d21c44dc2b}

what kind of ram should i buy? i would like to upgrade to 2 gb(now i'm 1gb).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.