Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I haven't posted on this forum in a while and just I know this forum is the best for getting help on so I decided to turn here to see what you lovely people can do for me.

Ok it's approaching christmas and I have some money to spend atlest £260 not allot but I think I can do something with it..

Ok my computer is currently AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Running DDR2 4GB RAM) (32 BIT) (Windows 7 Ultimate) (With an onboard ****ty gaming card) (500GB HARD DRIVE) (MOTHERBOARD = (A74MX FOXCONN) (PSU READS; MAX OUTPUT POWER; 350W +12V +5V&3.3.v (TOTAL)

Ok I built this computer my self and it's ****.. and crap for gaming because I don't have a graphics card and i'm wanting my games to run faster.. Ok so i'm hoping for you people to help me find a better motherboard, graphics card, & processor and which will game for £250.. If you canno't find me anything for that price to improve my computer on which I said then lets just shorten it down to a graphics card instead.. however I am hoping for what I listed above..

I am wanting this new hardware to improve my computer on gaming I'm not a big gamer on the computer however I do like simulation games..

Thank you very much and hopefully you can assist me with the quite abit of low money I have to spend :)

Much love

- Mattttt :)

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
You'll need to add a quality brand PSU if you get a graphic card.
Do you want to stay with AMD or go Intel?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH, my friend i'm not really fussed what ever is better I have always fancied going back to Intel when I used to have it but i'd prefer you to reccomend me what I should pick out also I opened my cover and read the last bit of the label on the PSU (PSU READS; MAX OUTPUT POWER; 350W +12V +5V&3.3.v (TOTAL) .... I don't really understand what else you need

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
I saw the 350W PSU in your first post and that is why i mentioned you would have to upgrade it for a new Mobo/CPU & graphics card.
Do you have a preferred site(s) to purchase from?

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
What's the exact motherboard model? I went to take a gander and there was an A74MX-S and an A74MX-K, that I saw at a fast glance. With the exact model, we can look at things like cpu support list.
We also need the exact model of the cpu you're currently using, model family doesn't tell enough.

Ebuyer accepts paypal.
http://www.ebuyer.com/

You may just need a power supply and video card, or you could need a cpu and/or motherboard. No way to tell for sure without information.

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,105 Posts
You could go higher for both the video card and then the power supply but you reach a point of diminishing returns, this 2 components will complement your system and make a big difference without killing your wallet, you can of course go to GTX260 or 280 and a 750TX but then I would also upgrade the CPU to a Phenom II 925 to go higher on the CPU would mean a new motherboard and a new copy of windows if you have the OEM version.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.