Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I just recently bought an Asus Geforce 7600GS AGP card for my hp a737n, and have been experiencing problems booting up since I intalled it. a737n specs: 1 gb of ram, 250W max output power, 3200+ AMD Athlon processor, SiS onboard video, can supply additional information if it's needed.

I unintalled the drivers for my SiS onboard card and shut down. I plugged the Asus card into the AGP slot, and plugged my monitor into the card. When I tried to boot up, the computer gave off a sustained high pitched beep, and nothing displayed on the monitor. I couldn't find a meaning for the sustained beep in any BIOS beep charts I could find.

So, being the computer novice that I am, I uninstalled the Asus card and plugged the monitor back into the onboard video. I tried to boot up, and noting displayed on the monitor, but the beep changed, to a series of interminating identical short beeps. Checked the BIOS beep code chart for that: bad memory. So I removed, switched, reseated, and generally manipulated the memory in any way I could without a change. Tried connecting another monitor to the computer but observed the same result.

Hope I provided enough information, thanks in advance. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.