Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to breakdown and rebuild a new system using as much of my old one as possible. The curent system is a full size tower. IT had a pentimu 4 P3200 with 4 sticks DDR400 memory. (2) 1 Gb, and 2 512Mb and they are DDR400 from last year. I now purchased a Duo core 2 E8400 processor. Now I neeed to install a M-board and memory and video card. and then all my exisint ghw can be used, drives, etc.

I would need a M-board that support 1333 front side bus.
Question, can I use my previous 1 Gb DDR400 memory for this ? WIll it matter about the speed rating so much ?
If I want to upgrade memory later down the road , will it have to match the DDR400 I used ? Maybe I can use the 1 Gb RAM until I can buy new sticks, but will it work at start with ?

What is the recommeded way to build the system, choose a processor, then a m-baord, then memory to match, correct ? Any other tips ?
:4-dontkno
I bow befoer the PC gods . :pray:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What power supply do you have? It probably isn't good enough to power your new stuff.

It used to be a 400W PS, then I r3ecently when I had the "freeze-up" problem, I replaced the power s with a newer 600W unit.

That should be good enough, for a newer DUO core system E8400, 1333 FSB ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a good power supply, you'll be fine with that.

Oh and in my first post i can't edit anymore, get the non ep35 motherboard if you can. They don't sell it anymore though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.