Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to upgrade my dell dimension 8200 bios from A01 to A09 and it did not work. I put this file on a floppy disc and started it when i booted the computer. The computer in the Dos Prompt said A\: The dell instructions said to follow the bios upgrade instructions that are given when you start the computer but that was all that was given to us. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hi there

type the name of the executable flash BIOS. Example: 8100_A09.EXE for BIOS version A09.

The message Press any key to continue appears.

Press the <Enter> key.
The message Press "Y" to replace old
BIOS with new BIOS appears.

Press the <Y> key.

At this point DO NOT interrupt the system by moving mouse, pressing keys.

When the BIOS flash is complete, the message

Flash program successful. Press any
key to reboot appears.

Remove the floppy before you press <enter> key

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still problems

When i start the computer, a message comes up warning me to make sure ive upgraded my dvd drive ( I have) and then it says press any key. I do and A:\> comes up so i write in the exe file (XPSD_A09.EXE) and press enter it waits a little bit then A:\> Appears again two lines down. What do i do?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Ah the XPSD_A09.EXE file is the BIOS flash for win '95/'98, you need the BD820009.exe file which you can download from here

On that page scroll down past the Default Instructions for D8200A09.EXE and use the Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for BD820009.exe instructions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.