Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
when i play like farmtown on facebook or cityville, it just restarts randomly after i think about 30 mins. But when i play Frozen Throne i.e. DOTA for like 30 minutes also Blue Screen Of Death appears and i forgot what it says because theres so many writings in it. This just happen when i upgraded my RAM from 256mb to 1GB. My Processor is Pentium4 2.67GHz, RAM 1GB, Video card is GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X size 64MB. My OS is Windows XP. could it be the RAM or the video card. If its the RAM its gonna be wasted because i cannot refund anymore.

·
Registered
487 Posts
when i play like farmtown on facebook or cityville, it just restarts randomly after i think about 30 mins. But when i play Frozen Throne i.e. DOTA for like 30 minutes also Blue Screen Of Death appears and i forgot what it says because theres so many writings in it. This just happen when i upgraded my RAM from 256mb to 1GB. My Processor is Pentium4 2.67GHz, RAM 1GB, Video card is GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X size 64MB. My OS is Windows XP. could it be the RAM or the video card. If its the RAM its gonna be wasted because i cannot refund anymore.
Did you check when you bought the RAM if it was compatible with the motherboard you already have? Find out what motherboard you have, and what type of ram you bought :)

Also when you upgraded from 256 to 1GB did you make sure that nothing came loss/everything was plugged in alright? Just a thought :)

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,315 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF
like silver said, we need to check if the motherboard is compatible with the RAM you got
download CPUz from my sig, open it and choose "Memory" tab
take a screenshot and upload it here
also choose SPD tab
if you have more than 1 RAM stick you have to choose Slot #1 and # 2 as well
we need a screenshot of SPD as well

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,129 Posts
The only problem I can figure is since you have Northwood Pent4 you have a 400 MHz Front Side Bus (FSB) so you should have a matching pair of 512 MB 533 MHz RAM
edit: make sure it's RDRAM not SDRAM (it will have one little notch not two) and make sure you get DDR RAM

However... let's test for bad RAM... try playing with only one stick in (install the single stick to the slot closest to the MOBO) then try the same thing with the other one and if you can play games with each then we'll move on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello and welcome to TSF
like silver said, we need to check if the motherboard is compatible with the RAM you got
also choose SPD tab
okya here it is.
oh i cant cant copy paste it.. wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello and welcome to TSF
also choose SPD tab
here it is..

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.