Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an Asus K8V Se Deluxe with AMD Athlon 64 3000+, NVidia GeForce 5700, 120GB Western Digital Hard drive, 512 MB RAM and Sound Blast Audigy 2 ZS.

I upgraded my Mobo to a MSI K8N Neo 3 and video card to EVGA nVidia 6800 GT and added another stick of 512MB RAM.

Ever since i installed the hardware, i have been having problems. POST gives a beep and runs fine, afterwards it pops up saying Verifying DMI Pool Data. Everything is still fine to this point. After this i get the windows error,
"We apologize for the inconvenience... start windows in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, or start windows normally. I click on start normally and this is where the problems begin. I see a quick flash of the windows loading screen then a split second later i see a blue screen with words. It moves too quickly to read it. After that split second of seeing the blue screen the comp resets unexpectedly. Anyone have similar problems and/or know of a solution?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went reading through the forums and someone had mentioned reinstallation of the OS for new Mobo's. Could this be my problem?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

I suggest you do a windows repair installation / see link below

the reason why this process is required is due to the change of the motherboard / such changes in the harware enviro crash windows

after performing the repair install you will need to re-install your mobo chipset drivers and other drivers found with yellow exclamation marks adjacent to them while veiwing the hardware device manager / also you will need to reload any service pack upgrades or windows patches

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341&Product=winxp

regards

joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.