Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just screwing around and went into system-device manager and clicked on display adapters, there it said Voodoo 3. i double clicked on that and went to the driver tab, at the bottom it said update driver. and i was like sure why not i never have. and it searched for a while and found another driver. this driver was "Standard PCI Graphics Adapter(VGA)" i not knowing what i was doing and screwing around like my brother tells me not to clicked install. it installed succesfully and i restarted computer. it was not an upgrade at all! now all i have is 2 and 16 colors with only 640-480 resolution. it sucks i want it to go back to normal please tell me how!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I would go here to download the latest drivers eventhough your original drivers that worked are in there somewhere.

I would try to do exactly what you did when you messed up, and look for the vodoo driver instead of the standard VGA driver. Your original driver is in there, man. Then get the latest driver once you can see the screen right.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
174 Posts
if the drivers are still in there, can't you just go into the device manager tab and remove the device. once you reboot won't it install the drivers for the Voodoo card and not the standard drivers for windows. IE: thats why windows builds a driver base every time you install something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now when my computer goes in to sleep mode half way through starting up. The computer continues to start but the screen is black. When i hit the menu button on my monitor a blue and white screen pops up and says "Video Cable Connected?" i dont know what that means and nothing is disconnected. now i cant do anything about my driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.